9.10.2009

Going to Jail

If you are a faithful reader of this blog, you probably already know that I am frugal, sometimes obsessively, much to my husband’s chagrin.

“But… we’ve always had cable…”
“No we haven’t. Not a year ago in Ennis, and you did fine.”
“But… I’ve been in Iraq for a year…”
“And… you have two kids to play with.”

So after four days of being puppy-dog eyed 24 hours a day, I gave in and ordered cable. I also gave in and agreed that he needed a new cell phone. It is looking a little Iraq-ified nowadays. So we surfed Ebay and found one with functionality but not too many bells and whistles. Upon arrival of the phone, we called Sprint to activate it and found out that the phone was still under someone else’s plan. Not the seller’s though. Someone he got it from. Sounds kinda fishy to me. So we began packing it all back up to return it to the seller.

“What are you doing?”
“Trying to get the battery door off.”
“Why?”
--smile
“I just thought, uh, if it’s stolen, I should wipe off my fingerprints or something.”
--stare
“Right. You’ve been watching way too much CSI. Give me the phone.”

--shoves it into envelope and seals it before he could erase any evidence

No comments: