6.27.2009

Painting My Room

Sometimes I come up with fairly craptastic ideas.
Like... painting my bedroom.
All brown.
With stripes.
*sigh*
I know.
So I gathered my supplies and began. It started out fairly well. The kids helped on the parts I was planning on painting over anyway, it surprisingly works up a sweat, and the wall looked half-way Martha Stewart-ish.
That half would up being the disheveled in-jail half.
Even James, being 3000 miles away, could see that the stripes weren't straight.

"Do you like it?"
"..... do you?"
"I like it. I think I did a pretty good j- why are you smiling?"
"I'm not."
"Yes you are!"
"I like it."
"No you don't! You're smiling! Liar!"
"No, I really like it!"
"You can't even stop smiling to make your lie seem feasible!"
*still smiling*
"I can just see what you mean when you said the stripes were hard to get straight."
"Whatever. I like it. When YOU get home YOU can fix them up to YOUR standards."
"No, they're fine!"
"Liar."
*still smiling*

So I redid all six lines with the help of my father-in-law and discovered that because the house has shifted, the room is not a perfect square. That means the lines will be slightly crooked because of the walls not being straight. But he did help me make them not so zig-zag looking.... Then I realized I would have to do the trim and door frames because James is an ex-Marine and certain things have to look right and BLAH BLAH BLAH. So I did that and realized that you cannot do so without a painter's best friend: BLUE. TAPE.
I've used the CRAP out of that stuff.
And now I'm over it. I don't want to finish.
I'm lagging.
But today I heaved a big sigh and drug out all the stuff and PAINTED A WHOLE WALL INCLUDING THE TRIM. Woo hoo!!
But I'm still debating on wether to put a second coat on the trim.
It IS behind the bed.
What Mr. Bounces-Quarters-Off-The-Bedsheets doesn't know won't hurt him.

No comments: