3.12.2009

Birthdays, Boys, and Blasted Spring Break

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS NOW
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Yup, today Recon has turned three!! Woo hoo! Someone send me a present!
To mark this momentous occasion, I have composed what I call:

Reconsidering Sanity in One Paragraph.

Girl has kid. Girl gets married. Girl has another kid. Husband joins National Guard. Husband goes to Egypt. Girl goes crazy. Girl starts blog. Girl tries to lose weight, throws out back. Brother graduates from Navy boot camp. Girl almost dies from pulmonary embolism. Girl's sister is cranky. Girl's mother is loopy in a fun way. Brother marries and has a nephew!! The He-Child poops. The She-Child starts school. Husband returns. Girl and family move far away. Husband gets a job requiring frequent four day absences. Girl goes more crazy. Girl keeps blogging. He-Child poops some more. Girl has many crazy nights with crazy friend Melissa and kids. Husband returns. Girl and family move back where they came from. Girl blogs more about loopy mother. Husband goes to Iraq. Girl goes almost off kilter-nuts. She-Child continues school, He-Child starts school and FINALLY poops in appropriate places. Girl starts college courses. Girl retries weight loss and succeeds... so far. Girl blogs more. Brother goes to Italy, sister chooses a waitressing career. Brother has another nephew!! Husband gets to take leave two months early! Girl is content.

Whew. I hope I didn't leave anything out!

Lily has just lost her two front teeth! She looks so cute! She has also informed me in a polite way that I am not cool. I can't remember how the conversation went exactly, but it involved a lot of pauses, ignoring my question and sideways glances.

JAMES GETS TO COME HOME FOR LEAVE EARLY!!!!!!

Why is it that whenever I enter a store someone ALWAYS assumes I work there? I swear, I can't wear blue to Wal-Mart. I don't mind reaching for something on the top shelf for someone else, but when people start complaining to me about their favorite brand going up in price or that the newest movie isn't in stock, I draw the line. Do I LOOK like your average menial wage worker? I guess I know my way around Wal-Mart and Dollar General too well.

JAMES GETS TO COME HOME FOR LEAVE EARLY!!!!!!

Spring break is next week. JOY. So far I've thought up of a movie day, a park day, a picnic with Granny day, a skating day, and a shove the kids outside and lock the door day. Oh, and I let the kids bother Mimi all day day.

JAMES GETS TO COME HOME FOR LEAVE EARLY!!!!!!




No comments: